Monday, August 24, 2020

ISN'T NATURE AWESOME.....

 I've had a garden for 20 or so years...it always amazes me that you put a seed in the ground and it will grow...tomatoes, corn, radishes, onions, carrots...well you get the idea.  

I don't do the gardening now, but my son does...he planted tomatoes, peppers, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberries this year.  

He's gathering the ripe tomatoes...we several of them planted around the yard...his version of gardening is dig a hole, put soil...the kind you buy in bags...mound it up into a hill and put your seeds or plants in it.  It sounds weird, but it works!  We have already been eating tomatoes from the plants  and picked our first green beans...only a hand full this time...but I'm sure we'll have lots later...

We have also been getting strawberries...but they never make it to the house...my son eats them as soon as they ripen.  But the plants are making lots of blooms.

I'm linking to:

Nature Notes

Have an awesome....

5 comments:

  1. Yes a garden is wonderful and the food taste much better than store bought.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie
    Your son's tomatoes look great! My son is also enjoys gardening and has tomatoes, peppers, squash and pumpkins growing in his garden this year. There is nothing as good as fresh vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet it is to a tomato from your own garden.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post keep your awesome work
    I have many hobbies. I love to travel and read. But my favorite hobby is cooking. Let me tell you why! First, I'll tell you a little bit about why I started cooking. Secondly, I'll give you some information about what I like to cook. Third, I will say how I use the Fooddy Blog for cooking.

    When I started cooking, I was 10 years old. My mom wants me to be a chef. She has always believed that girls have to make different types of food, because one day they will get married. In my country, it is normal for girls not to cook. I feel lucky because I can cook many dishes. Now that I cook some of the dishes my children and husband love, I become happy and proud of my mother and myself. i'm a fooddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a veg garden..love this post..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!