Tuesday, August 4, 2020

UMMM....DID'NT GET IT DONE.....

To-Do Tuesday
July 28th to August 3rd
1. Finish Zoe's Quilt (one way or another...this will be done!)
2. Do more Umbrella Blocks
3. Cut binding for Zoe's Quilt
4. Pick out a project for August One Monthly Goal

1. Well, I guess 2 out of 4 is good....kind of.  It's going to be cool here in Northeastern Indiana the next 4 days...then back to hot...so hoping I can get Zoe's quilt done...I haven't got the binding fabric picked out yet...I'm thinking about using black...what do think about black binding?  Let me know.

I was going to work on it yesterday...but got sidetracked by my son...he's putting the new linoleum down in the hallway, which needed a good cleaning before laying the linoleum...so I spent the better part of the day doing that.  Thus Zoe's quilt didn't get worked on.  

2. I did get some more Umbrella blocks done and my fabric I'm using for the borders came yesterday...
The raindrop fabric is a little bluer...the picture is kind of dull looking....this will be the borders for the umbrella's. 

3. I did pick out my OMG project for August...it's my Valentine Quilt...the top is done, just needs sandwiched, tied and binding put on.  So I'll be working on that for August.
Since this is a small quilt..if time allows I may also get the Boo quilt done...we'll see..
I also got started on my RSC 2020 Crazy Quilt blocks...got the blocks all done and have started embellishing them....
All the embroidery I've placed is Running Stitch, Cross Stitch, Cable Stitch...you can find all these stitches over at Sharon's place, Pintangle...she has a stitch dictionary so you can find the stitches...I also do the TAST every week...
Week 28-Breton Stitch
Week 29-Pekinsese Stitch

So my To-Do List for

August 4th through August 10th

1. Zoe's Quilt
2. Pull fabric for Zoe's Quilt binding.
3. Work on Valentine and Boo Quilts
4. Cut some raindrop fabric for borders on Umbrella Quilt

I'm linking up with:
To-Do Tuesday
Color and Inspiration Tuesday
Pintangle
OMG
RSC 2020

 Hope you all have a safe and happy......

5 comments:

  1. I love that Valentine quilt. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day, Sherrie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie! Two out of four is great! The list is just to help you keep focused, right?! It's not to make you feel poorly for not checking something off. No biggie. Your Valentine and Boo quilts are so cute. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute happenings. You make me want to go make elephant's and umbrella's, seriously. I think black binding will highlight the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your 2 out of 4 goals was better than my 2 out of 5! I kept hearing that old Meatloaf song in my head while I was writing today's post: "I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you now don't be sad! 'Cause 2 out of 3 ain't bad!" Hah! Zoe'e quilt is coming along really nicely and I love your little umbrella block. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing about black is that it goes with everything! The not so good thing is that it is hard to sew black binding with black thread! You're learning lots of interesting embroidery stitches, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!