Monday, April 11, 2022

AS IF I NEED.......

 another quilt project.  But I got my new quilting book a couple of weeks ago.  I've been looking through it, drooling over all the quilts....and I've decided I want to make 2 of them..It's called... Patchwork Quilts & Gifts by Jo Colwill.  

 

There are several quilts in this book I want to make.  One is called Spot the Daisy.  I really like the color combos used for this quilt.  And I'm 90% sure I already have everything I need to start this quilt.  So you will be seeing this pop up on my blog from time to time.

Another one is called Childhood Memories.

I'm not really fond of  piecing, but I think I can handle 4 and 9 patches ok.  But a couple of the blocks I'll have to improvise.  The stars will be made by appliqueing them.   So these 2 quilts will be added to my ever growing list of quilts.  I have so many ideas for quilts floating around in my head, it's kind of mind bogging some times trying to decide which one to make.

Right now I have several quilts in process.  

1. 2 need sandwiched, tied and binding added

2. 2 need borders sewed on them.

3. One needs tied and binding.

4. 3 that are almost filmseys...just need to finish the applique, embroidery and borders added.

That's 8 quilts and I want to START 2 more!!  Oh well, I'll have fun putting these 2 together.  So I'll start pulling fabrics today and see what kind of progress I make.

I'll leave you with a picture of a flower in my garden...not sure what it is, but I like all the tall brown stalks from last years flowers.  I figure out what it is when the new sprouts shoot up,

 

Linking to:

Nature Notes

Monday Making

Have a......


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!