Thursday, April 21, 2022

STILL WORKING ON........

 SAHRR quilt top...still sewing down bugs.  This time I'm doing the embroidery work when I finish a bug.  Last time I made a quilt like this, I didn't do that and took forever to do all the embroidery work.  I've got 2 sides done...2 more to go.

Today I'll be adding the border to my Christmas Sampler.  Laid it out on the design floor and put the border fabric around it, to see if I liked it....and I do!  Don't worry, I cut an extra strip for the shot pieces.  When it's done it will go into my box of quilt tops to sandwich.    This is #6 that needs sandwiched, tied and binding.  If I ever make it to Hobby Lobby!

I got my new issue of American Patchwork Quilts last week.  I've been going through it over and over.  There are 2 quilts I want to make, yea, I know, a new project, as if I don't have enough already....but they are really cute.

There are 2 that I want to start NOW!   A basket quilt and a Nine Patch with embroidery...I really like this one the best.  Sorry about the spot.  It's my camera flash. 

The other one I want to make is a basket quilt.  I love the different colors in this one.

Well, that's it for now....I'm linking up with....

I Like Thursdays

Put Your Foot Down

Needle and Thread Thursday.

Hop over and check out what everyone is working on.  Have and AWesomE....


6 comments:

  1. How fun to be ready to put the border on your Christmas quilt! I also love the quilts from the APQ magazine. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are making good progress on SAHRR. Love seeing your Christmas sampler quilt again. You are making me want to order a quilting magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bug quilt is adorable!! And the Christmas Sampler is going to be very sweet when you get it done. You've been busy stitching up a storm. Happy Wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherrie, I shouldn't have seen this post...I want to make that Nine Patch with embroidery too and those baskets in those blues would be stunning. You'll get lots of aiding and abetting from me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you'd be tempted to make those 2 quilts. That embroidered one: looks like a small quilt and wouldn't take you away from your current projects for too long. Maybe doing it would satisfy that Need-to-Make-Something-New urge! Hahaha! I'm such an enabler! *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!