Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BOOKS AND CROCHETING


What am I working on? I'm crocheting a new blanket. It's called Granny Got Color and you can find the pattern over at Caron International. Here is their version:
I've got the first four blocks done, but haven't put it together yet. The pattern says to sew the squares together, but I think I'm going to crochet them together.
As for what I'm reading. My book clubs pick this month is Queen Hereafter by Susan Fraser King. I haven't actually started this one yet. But it sounds fascinating. The other book I'm reading is The End of the World and other stories by Alexander Lurikov. It's a book of short stories. So far it's pretty good. I've linked these books to Amazon.com if you want to take a peek.

4 comments:

  1. I'd probably crochet it together too - so much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love the colours of your new project. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is so lovely and your colour choices are just perfect. It is going to be great to snuggle up under :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.
    my.
    goodness.
    it looks beautiful! I love that rich color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!