Monday, April 5, 2021

OOOOOPS......

 I totally forgot about the Sunday thing with the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  I posted my D is for Duck yesterday...so I'll post it today...again.


From a Goggle Search...
Male ducks are called drakes and female ducks are usually referred to as, well, ducks. A group of ducks may be called a brace, raft, skiff, team, paddling or sord, depending on where you're from.
 
I'm working on my  my Salt and Sand Quilt right now.  Appliqueing the fish on right now.  The next border will be Clams...and then Jelly Fish.
Well, I guess that's it for today...I'm linking to:

Hope you all have an awesome.....

5 comments:

  1. I only know "paddling", speaking of a group of ducks. Maybe it's the British word, the language we learn in France.
    Lovely fishes on your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on Sunday last year! I thought a female duck was a hen? Maybe it's regional. I worked in a farm store, and we called them hens. I learned that the baby ducks in stores cannot swim. They get waterproofing with age, and from their mother's oils if they stay with her. Too many people bought them and let them drown putting them right in a pool and walking away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know any of those names for a group of ducks! Thank you for that.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month.
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you call a duck they are pretty darn cute while they are young. Yours looks a lot like my rubber duck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet projects you are working on. Love that little duckie. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!