Thursday, March 3, 2022

POLAR BEARS....

 is DONE!  I really like this quilt, and I wasn't to sure about the orange checked border, but I like it!  

Something else I like this week...I finally have all the Christmas Sampler blocks done...now I just need to sew them all together and add a border.  This is the final block.

I'm sure you all have heard about Kawandi Quilts.  I was interested in how these were made.  So I went surfing on the internet to find out.  I found lots of video's on this, so I watched a couple of them.  This is my First Kawandi block....it's not perfect and I made several mistakes, but it's a learning process.  I found this site, A Quilter's Table....and there is a lot of info on how to make these beautiful quilts. You can see lots of Kaandi quilts....HERE.   An added bonus, Kawandi means Quilts.  This is my first block.

I will definitely  be making some more of these blocks...and it's  a great way to use up all those pesky pieces of small scraps. 

As for what I'll be working on in the next few weeks...I'll be putting the Christmas Sampler together, making some more Fall Sampler blocks, and working on my SAHRR.  Plus some embroidery work I've been neglecting.  Hope you......

I'm linking up with....

I Like Thursdays

Put Your Foot Down

Needle N' Thread Thursday


2 comments:

  1. Your polar bear quilt is so fun! I like all the different blocks. Thanks for the info about Kawandi quilts - I'm interested in those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the polar bear quilt! All those little bears are so cute, and I really like that orange checked border. I've not heard of Kawandi quilts before, and it was interesting to read how they are constructed from the outside in. Did you tear your pieces or just use your scraps? It turned out very nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!