Friday, March 25, 2022

THURSDAY "STUFF" ON........

Friday....I intended to post this yesterday...but got side tracked.  So I'm posting it today, just a day late.   I have what seems like a gazillion projects going on.  But I'll just narrow it down so this blog post doesn't take forever to write.  I got my French Knot piece done for Wk. 11 of TAST.  

I decided I'd do the Color Challenge being hosted over at Patterns by Jen, I'm really behind on this one,  but I have January done.  The color is orange.  I'm making 1/2 pint jars  the color for the month with the leaves of the spice.  January is Saffron, orange.  I need to get February and March done.

I like to have an embroidery project going....so I'm going to be working on the Pistil Stitch.  It's a lot like the French Knot.  But you only wrap the thread around the needle 2 times instead of 4 to 6.  Here's what I'll be working on....I'll be using DMC Red Pearl Cotton Number 8.  I finished all the pistil stitches last night, now onto the stems.  I'm using 6 strands of DMC # 470 cotton embroidery floss.

I also got my National Day block for February done...it's of course a Ground Hog.  You can get the list for the National Day Calendar HERE.


 I've got the bugs pinned and ready to applique on the SAHRR.  There are butterflies, a ladybug, a bee and a sneaky snail dropped in to join the party.

Hope you all have an AweSOme.....

2 comments:

  1. Your French knots are pretty - it is my favorite embroidery stitch. I have not done a pistil stitch. Your SAHRR is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great projects! I love your french knots! Your groundhog is so adorable and love your SAHRR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!