Friday, June 10, 2022

6 YEARS IN THE MAKING.....

 I finally got the last pink strip sewed onto the Quilty 365 quilt.  I started this quilt in 2016 when Audrey over at Quilty Folk started this circle challenge.  I decided to jump in and join the other people doing this.  These are the supplies I started with.  Bleached Muslin, some pink 1 1/2" strips and lots of different colored circles.

 

 I sit my circles up to represent a calendar.  January through December 2016.  I got side tracked by other quilts to make and Quilty 365 got stuck in a box and forgotten.  I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and didn't have a 2016 calendar hanging around so had to head to the internet to get one.

As I was cleaning out a box of quilt tops, I got this one out and started working on it.  I finished putting the last row on and....NO WAY,  I didn't have enough of the pink to finish it.  

 


I thought for sure I would have to use another color to finish.  BUT, isn't there always a but!  I was rearranging some boxes and found enough to put the last strip on.

Here it is all done except for a the border on the around the outside.

 I can't make up my mind what color to use for it, there is so much color in this quilt, I think it needs a neutral color around it.  


But which one!  Anyone having a suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 😀

I'm linking up with:

Peacock Party

Hope you all have an awesome....


2 comments:

  1. So pleased you found another piece of the pink to complete your quilt top. What colour for the binding? I would choose the grey, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!