Monday, May 22, 2017

MONDAY RAMBLINGS.......

THE GOOD.

I've been working on my flower garden, not the real thing, but my Embroidered Flower Garden.  Got the Bird Bath done.  Good block, turned out really pretty!
Now I'm working on the Bleeding Heart Block.
Sorry, it's kind of wrinkled, but I took it off the hoop to take a picture.

THE RANDOM.

Know anything about Gophers?  Other then the fact some people think of them as a pest.  We have a family of Gophers that live in our barn.  Every spring they come out to eat the clover and other grasses in our back field.  I learned something new about Gophers.  [They climb trees!]  Did anyone else know that? 
I was at the Dollar Store the other day and picked up this bag.  It's really a lunch bag, but I use it to carry my embroidery and a book.  This bag goes with me everywhere.  That way I always have something to do while waiting in the car.
THE FUN.

Speaking of books, I am currently reading The Known World by Edward P. Jones.  Really great book, it's my Book Club's choice for May.  It's set in the days before and after the Civil War.  No it's not about the plantations, it's from the slaves point.  From slavery to freedom, it follows Henry Townsend, a black farmer and former slave.  The author has woven a footnote of history into this book.
The book I just finished was book 10 -  London Bridges -  of the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.  My review is here.
While I'm doing my Embroidery, I like to watch T.V. or a movie.  I recently watched The Free State of Jones with Matthew McConaughey....kind of a weird movie, but I liked it.  I also re watched The Wizard of Oz.  Love that movie! 

I'm linking up with Tamar over at Radom-osity for The Good. The Random. and The Fun.  

Also linking up with Kathryn over at The Book Date for It's Monday, What Are You Reading? 

Jump over and check them out.  You might find something that will send you blog hopping. 


7 comments:

  1. The Good...you sure have more patience than I do.
    The Random...when it comes to Gophers, I'm clueless.
    The Fun...being a poor reader, reading as never been fun.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you linked up! Love the new bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your embroidery and the bag you have to carry it and a book. Perfect! I need to go and buy some embroidery thread so I can do some embroidery on a few blocks but don't have the right colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I used to do embroidery but it's been years. My husband is home. My daughter had two pieces in her school's art show. And we got new cement poured at the bottom of our stoop. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is very pretty. I didn't know that gophers climb trees. If I hadn't seen your picture I'm not sure I would have believed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your embroidery brought back some fond memories of my childhood. My mom taught me to embroider and I enjoyed trying (but never quite succeeding) to be as good as she was! I have to say that I had no idea that gophers climbed trees, either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Known World some years ago and really enjoyed it.

    I love seeing your embroideries, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!