Monday, May 8, 2017

GRIEF....STAGE 7.....

Stage 7
Acceptance 
 During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.


I am in this stage now.  I am beginning to see the end of the tunnel.  Don't get me wrong, I still miss Thomas, I will always miss him.  I have accepted the situation of him being gone.  True, I have bad days and good days.  But mostly good days now.  An no, I'll never be the same as when Thomas was here, but I am finding a new me.  So if you have lost a loved one, just hold on, it will get better, I promise.    I leave you Thomas and me young, middle aged, and older aged.

Our Wedding Picture


Our 25th Anniversary Picture



 The last picture of us before Thomas got sick....

1 comment:

  1. For some reason looking at the two of you in youth makes me feel more sentimental; the same way I feel looking at photos of my mom and dad as young people.
    I am so glad you are sensing a moving forward with your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!