Tuesday, May 2, 2017

GRIEF........STAGE 2

The 7 stages of Grief are real.  I've been through several of them.
2. Pain and Guilt
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.


I personally think this is the worst of the 7 stages.  The pain of losing my husband was excruciating, I kept telling myself he wasn't really gone, just sleeping....but that is so not right.....and then you have to face the fact you have to bury your loved one.  Then the guilt sits in....if i would have only prayed more.....or I loved him more....or I helped him more.....the questions keep going on and on of things I could of done to keep him longer.  But of course that wasn't possible.  You eventually get over this stage.....and walk right into stage 3.  Which I will be posting tomorrow.  

My hubby, Thomas, as the young man I fell in with......50 years ago.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your pain in your words and I am so sorry for your loss, a loss you are feeling keenly.
    I don't know if it helps or not but I think of what Queen Elizabeth said when speaking about Lady Diana's death...grief is the price we pay for love.
    Try to stay strong and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!