Friday, May 5, 2017

GRIEF.......STAGE 5

Stage 5.....Depression
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

I haven't had any motivation to do anything that I used to do.  I haven't worked on a quilt since my husband passed.  I just haven't had the motivation to do that.  This is part of stage 5, Depression.  As I thought Depression was something else, I was really surprised that this is the same as Depression.  Sitting around the house, no desire to go anywhere, don't have the desire to clean my house.....the list goes on and on.  But it gets better, I have taken up embroidery again.  There is a little spark inside me that wants to work on a quilt, but it hasn't quite gotten out yet.    I leave you with Thomas doing his favorite thing......fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!