Monday, May 1, 2017

GRIEF........STAGE 1

My husband of 48 years passed away June 18, 2016.  He had Colon Cancer.  He fought for 2 and a half years, but he didn't make it.  He went through the Chemo and Radiation.   He also has surgery to remove the tumor, but it didn't do any good.  He started a down hill slide and couldn't seem to pull out of it.  When you loose the one you lived and loved for 48 years, it feels like a piece of you went with them.  I have been fighting, trying to get on with my life, but I'm stuck.  So I went searching to some help on the internet.

WHAT ARE THE SEVEN SIGNS OF GRIEF.......
1. Shock and Denial....
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

For me this lasted for a couple of months.  I couldn't quite believe everything you have to go through after a husband dies.   You have to change all the vehicles to your name....along with the car plates and insurance.  And don't forget you have to have the death certificate to prove all this.  The price of burying someone is exorbitant!!  It cost 15,000 plus dollars to bury my husband.  This was my way of working though the fact my husband had died.  It kept me busy getting everything arranged.  

I'll be posting one grief sign everyday this week.  Wondering about my hubby....this is Thomas....
this was taken a few years before he passed away.  I love him with all my heart and miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!