Monday, April 13, 2020

BOOK REPORT......

An Innocent Client - Scott Pratt












Synopsis
A preacher is found brutally murdered in a Tennessee motel room.

A beautiful, mysterious young girl is accused.

In this bestselling debut, criminal defense lawyer Joe Dillard has become jaded over the years as he's tried to balance his career against his conscience. Savvy but cynical, Dillard wants to quit doing criminal defense, but he can't resist the chance to represent someone who might actually be innocent. His drug-addicted sister has just been released from prison and his mother is succumbing to Alzheimer's, but Dillard's commitment to the case never wavers despite the personal troubles and professional demands that threaten to destroy him.(Amazon.com)

Since my library is closed due to the Coronia Virus.....I've had to start using my Kindle Fire to read books.  I can say I don't really like reading a book this way....but I'm adjusting.  So I went looking for books and found this series by Scott Pratt.  I really enjoyed reading this book.  Just my kind of book.  A murder mystery!  The book is about Joe Dillard, a defense attorney, who is looking for an innocent client to defend.  But he keeps getting guilty people and he wants out of the business.
His new client, Angel, looks and talks like she's innocent, but is she?  That's what the whole book is about.  Trying to get to the bottom of this case and figure out if Angel is really innocent. *****

This book is for 1 of my reading challenges....

Color Coded Challenge(Brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!