Saturday, April 25, 2020

BOOKS AND FLOWERS.......

Today is Friday, two of my book memes run on Friday's.  So here are my answers for ....

The Friday 56












How to Bake A Murder - A. K. Emrick (A Cookie and Cream Cozy Mystery Book 1)



"Hi," she said.  "Just the man I was looking for."

Book Blogger Hop


Question:
Do the star ratings a book receives on Goodreads or retail sites affect whether you buy the book or not?

Sometimes is does, but most of the time I read books by author's I know.  I will also pick a book by it's cover....I know, not always a good choice.  If I'm doing a reading challenge, I'll pick a book based on the list the challenge suggests.


 Floral Friday.....




BLEEDING HEARTS
Lamprocapnos spectabilis, bleeding heart or Asian bleeding-heart,  is a species of flowering plant in the poppy family Papaveraceae, native to Siberia, northern China, Korea and Japan. It is the sole species in the monotypic genus Lamprocapnos, but is still widely referenced under its old name Dicentra spectabilis . It is valued in gardens and in floristry for its heart-shaped pink and white flowers, borne in spring.
Other common names include lyre flower, heart flower and lady-in-a-bath.
The Asian bleeding-heart grows to 120 cm (47 in) tall by 45 cm (18 in) wide. It is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial with 3-lobed compound leaves on fleshy green to pink stems. The arching horizontal racemes of up to 20 pendent flowers are borne in spring and early summer. The outer petals are bright fuchsia-pink, while the inner ones are white. The flowers strikingly resemble the conventional heart shape, with a droplet beneath – hence the common name. The plant sometimes behaves as a spring ephemeral, going dormant in summer.(From Wikipedia)


Have an AWESOME......



6 comments:

  1. The truth is that Emrick's Darcy Sweet series is one of my favourites, when it comes to cozy mysteries! I would gladly read this book, just because it is by the same author :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cozy mysteries are such fun, aren't they? Such a cute cover.

    Unless it's for work or my daughter's I only read books that interest me. Making the decision to purchase them, on the other hand, depends on a lot of factors. I used to buy a lot more books than I do now. I have so many in my personal library. I try to only buy physical books I want to keep around these days. And cost is a major factor. The only time ratings come into play when I want to actually buy a book is when I'm on the fence about the book or if I am buying a book I haven't read as a gift.

    I hope you have a good weekend. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute cover! I'll have to check this series out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book selection sounds fun and intriguing!! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my website! As for the BBH I totally agree! (I do sometimes buy books because of the cover if they are in the genre that I usually read) :D

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for answering my BBH question, Sherrie. ;-)
    Star ratings do play a part in my decision whether to buy a book or not if I'm dithering or buying as a gift but it's more about the reviews, thoughts and comments that will sway me one way or the other. 💜😊
    My next-door neighbour has a beautiful bleeding heart in her front garden - they are lovely plants.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your week, stay safe and healthy.
    Here's my BBH Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!