Saturday, April 18, 2020

SATURDAY....Scrap Happy

I've been working on my 8 1/2" crazy quilt blocks.  I have a box full of scraps I'm working out of.   Actually went to 2 boxes now.  I keep accumulating scraps...ha ha....

Last night I put together a blue block.  It's 8 1/2" and it's on unbleached muslin or bleached, which ever I have handy at the time.
I'm not really sure about the orange, but according to my color wheel, blue and orange go together.  I'll have fun embellishing this block.  I already have some ideas of what to put on it.  I've also finished the block I was working on last time.
I had some green mesh....for lack of what's it's really called....over the blue, did some feather stitches and added some beads and charms.  I really like how this one turned out.

I am linking up to

Scarp Happy for the RSC 2020 Challenge(Blue)


4 comments:

  1. Your crazy quilt blocks are so much fun! I love seeing how you embellish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty bits of Light/Bright BLUE in your new block!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crazy quilting looks great. You are right about blue and orange going together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and orange do go together well....it all their variations. When I paint one of my favorite combos is prussian blue and burnt sienna.

    I think you have the makings of a very fresh and cheerful crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!