Monday, April 20, 2020

NATURE NOTES.....

The trees are getting leaves, the grass is really green and growing, some of my spring flowers are up.   And one lone Dandelion is growing in the crack of our back step.

 Dandelion is a plant with yellow flowers.Taraxacum officinale is the most common variety of this plant, and it grows in many parts of the world. Botanists consider dandelions to be herbs. People use the leaves, stem, flower, and root of the dandelion for medicinal purposes.

I took these photos last spring.....the life of a Dandelion....



Our back yard, back by the barn, looks like this...
And my grand kids have a wonderful time picking these and blowing....
Thus insuring next years Dandelion.....I am linking up with Rambling Woods for Nature Notes.
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking into Nature Notes Sherri...I know the kids love blowing on them as we did as kids. But here they are sprayed away. I think our lawn is the only one with dandelions and the early bees appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. It's always nice to find someone who appreciates dandelions, they're great for insects - butterflies and hoverflies as well as bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a dandelion fan. Everything about them is beautiful, their shape, their colours, their flowers, their leaves, their seeds, their durability - the way they make us smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!