Sunday, August 14, 2022

SOMETHING NEW......

 and something new to me.  Over at Elm Street Quilts they have a Kawandi Quilt.  I made one that has lots of scraps with no order or color order. I gathered up some of my scraps and started putting them together.  This is what I will be working on for a while.  It's a pretty big block, it won't take many to make this quilt.  I just need to sew them down.  I found a place that gives you the history behind Kawandi Quilts and great info.  Go HERE.

I was in the mood to embroider last night...so I dug out my Down on the Farm block 

 


and worked on it.  This is going to be a mostly embroidered quilt...I'll add in some applique quilt blocks to finish it up.  The next block is a Nesting Chicken.

I cut some purple baskets and have one pinned and ready to go..  I need to cut some more Muslin 61/2" blocks to do more.  I thing a couple more rows will get this one ready to be a filmsy.

And I worked on my Pine Trees for the See ya Later Alligator Blog Hop.

My One Monthly Goal and 2022 UFO Challenge is to get the Red Work quilt tied and add the binding.  The Tying is almost done, then deciding what color to make the binding...I'm thinking of using a black or green.

Well, that's it for today....hope you all have a great sewing....

I'm linking up with......

Slow Sunday Stitching

Oh! Scrap

Elm Street Quilts

Patchwork & Quilts


1 comment:

  1. Happy Sunday, Sherrie. There is always a whole lot of cuteness going on at your blog. What a fabulous embroidery piece you are working on and I cannot wait to see the chicken come to life. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!