Wednesday, May 27, 2020

PHOTOS.......WHY NOT

Wordless Wednesday....and Welcome to my World
In the spring...we get lots of rain..so far the rain is almost 5 inches.  And it's suppose to rain more next week.  This picture is what we call "Outback".  It's a field behind our barn.  There are tadpoles, worms, and on occasions....ducks here.  My son usually buys some minnows to throw in there to eat the mosquitoes.
















Wondrous Words

Haven't got any new words from a book this week, I got this one while playing Scrabble on my computer.

ululant

Howling, , Wailing,
dark wasteland...ululant with bitter wind

Have an awesome......

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie,

    I can't remember the last time we had any rain, here in the south of the UK and there is none forecast into the foreseeable future. The temperatures are more like those of mid summer, so I can see that we will be heading for water shortages and hosepipe bans if we aren't careful, especially with everyone at home on lockdown using more of everything!

    I haven't come across ululant before, although I do know of ululate from the keening and wailing I often see and hear on the television, when news channels report on deaths, particularly in Middle Eastern and Arab nations.

    I'm not sure that is even a sound any western population could emulate and I often wonder how they do it! Obviously one of those random cultural differences!

    Thanks for sharing and take care :)

    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a lot of rain too! I'm ready for some sunshine. I've never heard of ululant, but it's very interesting and fun to say! Thanks for "playing".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful capture for the Corner of the World. Thank you for sharing.

    Stay healthy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had a record amount of rain this May - over 12 inches so far!

    I was familiar with this word but always struggle to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spring rains as they anticipate lots of green! I never thought of buying minnows, how clever!

    Your link is a great addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had five inches of rain this week, too. Spring is always a wet time for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of ululant -- the word has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!